Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Country Bunny


It's hard to believe that Easter is next weekend!  Miss Nancy and her staff at The Storybook Shoppe have a wonderful selection of Easter books on the front table.  Books for each holiday are such treasured keepsakes. At our home, we display all the seasonable books on the shelf -- almost like decorations!  But more importantly when they are displayed, we read them more often.

Miss Nancy said we had to try The Country Bunny and The Little Gold Shoes by DuBose Heyward and pictures by Marjorie Hack.  It was originally published in 1939 and when reading it, I felt like I was reading a piece of my mother and grandmother. Reading books that past generations read when they were little make me feel good. I feel like I am passing it down to my daughter.

The story is about one mother bunny who manages to accomplish her dreams with 21 children in tow. It's a charming and inspiring story about the pursuit of what she's passionate about -- being one of the 5 Easter Bunnies!  My daughter loved the repetition and rhythm of the words (key for beginning readers) and the beautifully drawn illustrations.


Perhaps best of all for my daughter is the magic in the end.  When she nearly can't complete her task, she gets golden shoes to help her.  Magic! 


You can get this book shipped to your door just in time for Easter!  Buy it here using PayPal and checkout below.  We give 10% OFF to help with the cost of shipping.  We highly recommend this Easter book for you and your family and hope you enjoy. 



BUY IT NOW
10% OFF 
Regularly $16.99
Pay $15.21 plus tax & shipping 

No comments:

Post a Comment